Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Life Update...

We celebrated Thanksgiving on a couple of different days. On turkey day we went to our friends (Dave and Jacinda's) in Hudson, IA. It was a nice evening. The kids all played together and we got a little bit of adult conversation in (they have 5 kids too!).

On Saturday (Nov 29) my mom and Brian's family all came to our house. It was a busy day! It was great to see everyone and all of the cousins got to play together.

Brian has been busy delivering babies! He has really enjoyed this rotation. It has been more of a struggle for me though as he gets calls at all hours of the night (and day) and truly I want to be the one who gets a turn at this delivery thing! :o)

My last doctor appt was Dec 3rd. Things were fine. He is still doing full flips in my stomach and for the most part he lays across my stomach. That works for me right now because I am not getting kicked in the ribs and I can breathe! My next appt is Dec 17th (at 37 weeks) and I will get checked (for dilation) and they may have to do an ultrasound to see if he is getting into the correct position.

It amazes me how people will walk up to me and tell me that I am huge (do they NOT think that I am already aware of that!). I have gained 30 pounds with this little one which is very typical for me. I tend to gain the weight in the middle months and then not gain much at the end.

I have not hit the 'I cannot stand to be pregnant for one more minute' wall yet. Even with my back aches and large stomach I have been able to keep it all in perspective much easier than when I was pregnant with Carly.

We have not decided on a name yet. This seems to be driving some people crazy! Keep sending the name ideas. Maybe something will strike us as being 'the' name! :o)

No comments: