Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weighty issues

Graysen had another follow-up appointment today at the doctor to check his weight again. Great news! He is up to 6 lbs and 12 oz! Finally~we are on the right track to getting this little guy to gain weight.

I am pumping every 3 hours so he can continue to get as much breast milk as possible. And we are also supplementing with formula. (Similac Sensitive since he was puking up the regular stuff). He has already surpassed taking in what I can pump each time so I have come to terms with him getting some formula too. Not what I wanted for him this early in the game, but obviously the choice was a simple one with him not gaining weight those first 2 weeks.

The kids have been home from school for 2 days. Wednesday because of a blizzard and today because it's -20 degrees and the wind chill is even colder! BRRRRR!!!! I still wonder many days during the winter in Iowa why we did not chose to move to some place a little warmer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Bonnie says hurray! The little one is gaining weight. Way to go mom and dad. This little one is so precious and grandma finds an endless amount of love for the Sankey clan.