Monday, February 23, 2009

2 Months Old~WOW!




I cannot believe that it has already been 2 months since our beautiful baby boy was born!

The best news (for me anyway) is that he smiled at me today for the first time!! Not just a gas smile either! Brian witnessed one of the smiles tonight too! Somehow that makes all the sleepless nights worth it! I can't wait until he starts laughing. Baby chuckles make me smile too!


He goes for his 2 month checkup tomorrow morning. We are thinking he is a good 10 pounds at this point (that's the way our backs and arms are feeling anyway!)

My favorite things about Graysen:
*Baby noises when he is eating (he is a noisy eater)
*His super soft baby skin-I love to rub my face against his (I wish my skin was that soft again)
*The little fish face he makes (lips in a little 'o')
*His great head full of hair~I call him Fuzzy!

We are still trying to get him on some sort of schedule (eating and sleeping). That task is proving to be a little bit daunting even for us seasoned parents! He has slept in his crib in his own room a total of 45 minutes! He sleeps in our room in his seat or in the bassinet. I still feel the need to have him close!

I go back to work next week. I already have some anxiety about it. I am ready for some adult interaction, but am going to miss being at home with Graysen and Carly. A great friend of ours will be watching Graysen and Carly at our house, so I know they will be well taken care of.

I am also VERY tired of winter. I would love to be able to be getting outside with the kids. Hopefully spring is right around the corner!

Alana

No comments: