No, I am NOT pregnant! No, we are not getting any new four-legged friends!
It's something much cooler than that!
This is Rose-Kattie. She turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. She is a precious baby that is at an orphanage in Haiti. We sponsor her through the Hands and Feet project (http://www.handsandfeetproject.org/jacmel). I would LOVE to meet and hold this dear little one someday. I would love for her and Nora to get to play together. So precious! We heard of Hands and Feet through our church. The couple that runs this orphanage used to attend our church before they moved their young family to Haiti.
Brian and I have always talked about doing mission trips. He would love to do medical mission trips. I would love to do mission trips to orphanages. I know it would be extremely difficult for me. I know I am truly clueless and naive to the conditions that some children (many children) live in.
I know it would break my heart.
To hold, love, rock and remind these precious children that Jesus loves them would be a gift to me.
We've talked about taking our older kids. To give them a different worldview. To teach them compassion.
We also sponsor another girl named Nandhini. We sponsor her through Compassion International (www.compassion.com) . She is close to Ethan's age. It has been wonderful writing to her over the years and hearing about her schooling, family and her love for Jesus! She lives in India with her parents.
What blessings all of our 'kids' are!


1 comment:
Very cool Alana! I didn't know you guys sponsored other children! I would LOVE to watch your little ones if you did want to plan a mission trip :) Gimme a real taste of being a full-time mommy LOL
Post a Comment