I am 5 days post surgery.
Random thoughts:
1) I have no idea how people are addicted to pain medication. Honestly, I don't. I am not making fun here. I did really well on my pain meds until late Wednesday and then my stomach started giving me fits. I have been so close to barfing so many times. Ugh. Luckily, I had some nausea meds left over from my last bout with kidney stones. Of course, I did not remember that until late tonight, but at least I don't feel like I am going to yak at the moment!
2) I have the greatest mom ever! She had just gotten home from a trip to Georgia on Sunday night and she turned around and came down here on Monday morning to take care of me and the kids. I am so thankful that she blends right in at our house. She knows our schedules (or lack there of), she read a TON of books to the kids so we could still get school done while I was down for a few days, and she loves on the kids as much as they will let her. :)
3) I have awesome kids! My big kids have really stepped up (even more than usual) this week and helped out. I am blessed as a mom!
4) My husband is pretty great too! Somehow he always manages to stay very even keeled even when our world is tilting just a bit.
5) I had surgery on my other arm when I was 4 and 5 years old (a story for a different day) and it's amazing how your body remembers those same 'pain' feelings. My shoulder felt eerily similar to those surgeries I had when I was 4 and 5 years old.
6) It really stresses me out when I have to rely on other people to help me with the simplest things (i.e. hooking my bra strap).
7) I couldn't feel my right arm for about 12 hours. That is a very bizarre feeling. I felt like I had a lead appendage.
8) I had an allergic reaction to the tape they used on the bandage to cover my shoulder. I was begging after the first day to have it taken off. Brian took off the bandage and I had to put Benadryl cream on it for several days. It's still inflamed and red, but not itching as much. It's great having sensitive skin. :(
9) I am blessed to live in a country that has easy access to healthcare. My surgeon is super nice. All of the nurses and surgery techs I encountered were very kind also. My physical therapist is a peach!
I truly hope this surgery fixes the pain issues with my shoulder. I am already able to lift the baby again so for that I am truly thankful. Certain movements still cause me some pain, but I am on the mend. Thank you for all of the prayers!
This weekend we will celebrate our risen Son! We have family and friends joining us. Again, so many blessings in my life. Happy Easter to you all!
1 comment:
So glad all went relatively well, Alana!! Praying for continued speedy recovery!
Post a Comment