I am really trying to get better and blogging more often....hopefully that will be easier soon. I have put my notice in at work and will officially be a stay-at-home-mom after May 7th. This was a VERY tough decision for me.
I have wrestled (with myself) about this change for a long time. Some days I would think...duh...easy decision, other days I was filled with so much angst. I had a very clarifying moment a few weeks ago, and decided it was time. Brian has always been supportive of me staying home or working at whatever level I felt was manageable for our family. The hard part was telling my boss. I tried for 4 days before I actually got 2 minutes of his time and was able to utter the words that I was leaving after 14 years. I am really going to miss seeing my friends every day, but I know we will all stay in touch.
More great news from this week: Brian has signed his contract for his 'real job' (as I like to call it). He will be working at a family practice clinic in Waterloo starting in August of 2011. This may sound like a very long ways off for some, but the planner in me loves that this part of the journey is done. It's confirmation that the 9 year plan is almost complete. We will NOT have to move again and Brian is very happy with his decision. I am so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment