Saturday, May 8, 2010

Retirement....

So, yesterday was my last day of employment....in the corporate world.  I told people I was retiring and I heard a lot of  'You aren't retiring....you're not old' and 'It's not retiring when you have 5 kids at home to take care of!'  They are sort of right.  I am retiring....and my definition of retirement is this....'I get to spend every day with my favoritest (yes, that is a word) people in the whole world and do the things that I want to do on my schedule'.    I may not be bringing home the bacon anymore, but I am making the memories that I want to make with my kids and husband.  And I am finally at the point of being okay with turning over the bacon makin' responsibilities to my husband.  :)

My friends from work were great on Friday.  We took the VGM Party Bus to Tokyo (Japanese steakhouse) for lunch.  One of my favorite places!  We ate and had a great time talking about LOTS of fun times we have all had together.  They have been my second family for the last 14 years!  I have spent about 28,000 hours of my life with that group of people and I must say that even on the most stressful days I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with.

Monday will be a whole new world for me.  I think I am ready to tackle it.  The best part(s) are that Brian is on vacation that day and I am meeting my BFF's for drinks after work.  Cheers!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I am so happy for you! You have such a wonderful family. It makes me truly happy that Emma and Ethan are friends. He is so nice!!!