We spent a quiet weekend at home. My mom came down on Saturday. It was cold out (frost warnings in May). On Sunday the sun decided to come out for a bit so we decided to get out in the yard and try to figure out where my vegetable garden was going to be planted this year. I had visions of nice rectangle framed, raised garden beds that I thought should be placed on top of the ridiculous putting green in our yard. Well, after much debate it was decided that we would pull up some existing flower beds and plant on the south side of the house. After much digging up, replanting, recycling stones that were randomly buried in our yard to be used as the 'frame' around the garden, and mulching, we are now ready for the beans, tomatoes, peas, carrots and peppers to go in. It's still too cold and now REALLY wet as it rained all day today.
Here we are in our 'American Gothic' pose. Notice the rake in my hand....I broke it! Don't ask! LOL
Here is one other pic of the princesses and the Queen Mother (as they named themselves). Gotta love McDonalds Happy Meal toys!
The wheels on the bus do go round and round, even when the bus is over capacity! I think this looks like a picture from a Richard Scarry book. Can you find Goldbug? ha-ha
Retirement note: Monday was Menards day and a Girls Night Out with my friends, Tuesday was Home Depot, Sears and Target, along with drum lessons for Ella and yoga for me in the evening. Today was a doctor appointment for Ella and a great hour massage for me. I have gotten a few things off my checklist, but no routine has been established. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment